The Red Hill Regenerators invite you to our next activity of 2018, which will be held on Wednesday 16 May 2018 starting at 9am
For this activity we will return to the Kent Street side of Red Hill, and work in the area from Kent Street uphill to the water tanks, removing the remaining woody weeds – pyracanthas, briar rose, cotoneasta etc and Cootamundra wattles. It is now too late to remove most of the exotic deciduous weeds, which will have to wait until spring.
We plan to meet at next to the Telecom Building off Kent Street at 9am.
Time: Wednesday 16 May 2018 Work: 0900 to 1230, with byo morning tea at 1100.
More information: info@
Location: Meet at the Telecom Building access road, Kent Street
Activities: Cut and dab woody weeds, briar rose; Spray verbascum, grassy weeds; remove Cootamundra wattles; locate rabbit warrens/
You bring: Water, hat, long sleeved shirt, long pants, sunscreen cream, solid shoes, eye protection (we have some safety ‘goggles’), byo morning tea.
We bring: Gloves, safety goggles, first aid kit, tools, herbicides.
Note: It is important that you attend the safety briefing and instructions at 9.15am. In the event of an equipment shortage, priority for tools will be given to Red Hill Regenerators members. Children under 15 years must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian. Individuals who are under 18 years must have parental or guardian consent.
Cancellation: The activity will be cancelled by email (if possible) if: a) the forecast is for > 35 deg C, b) it is a total fire ban day, c) there is lightning, or d) there is heavy rain.
Other 2018 activities scheduled for your diary are:
- Sunday 3 June 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Wednesday 13 June 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Sunday 1 July 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Wednesday 11 July 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Sunday 5 August 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Wednesday 15 August 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Sunday 2 September 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Sunday 7 October 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Wednesday 17 October 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Sunday 4 November 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Sunday 2 December 2017 08.00am Working bee and AGM