The Red Hill Regenerators invite you to our next activity of 2018, which will be held on Sunday 1 July 2018 starting at 9am
For this month we will convene at the gravel car park near the bottom of Red Hill Drive and work south along the hillside removing woody weeds and Cootamundra wattles. We will also be looking for coconut ant sites to record on Canberra Nature Map (bring a smart phone) and rabbit warrens.
We plan to meet at the car park at 9am.
Time: Sunday 1 July 2018 Work: 0900 to 1230, with byo morning tea at 1100.
More information: info@
Location: Meet at the gravel car park on the left side of Red Hill Drive about 100m uphill from the Mugga Way roundabout.
Activities: Cut and dab woody weeds, briar rose; Spray verbascum, grassy weeds; remove Cootamundra wattles, map rabbit warrens and coconut ant sites. We also plan to drag Cootamundra and other cuttings onto the damaged areas adjacent to the Red Track, from the lookout down to the maintenance track, to protect the hillside from further damage;
You bring: Water, hat, long sleeved shirt, long pants, sunscreen cream, solid shoes, eye protection (we have some safety ‘goggles’), byo morning tea.
We bring: Gloves, safety goggles, first aid kit, tools, herbicides.
Note: It is important that you attend the safety briefing and instructions at 9.15am. In the event of an equipment shortage, priority for tools will be given to Red Hill Regenerators members. Children under 15 years must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian. Individuals who are under 18 years must have parental or guardian consent.
Cancellation: The activity will be cancelled by email (if possible) if: a) the forecast is for > 35 deg C, b) it is a total fire ban day, c) there is lightning, or d) there is heavy rain.
Other 2018 activities scheduled for your diary are:
- Wednesday 18 July 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Sunday 5 August 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Wednesday 15 August 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Sunday 2 September 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Sunday 7 October 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Wednesday 17 October 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Sunday 4 November 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 09.00am Working bee
- Sunday 2 December 2017 08.00am Working bee and AGM