The Red Hill Regenerators invite you to our next activity of 2018, which will be held on Wednesday 18 July 2018 starting at 9am
For this month we will convene on the fire trail above Torres Street (off Mugga Way) and work along the hillside removing Cootamundra wattles and any other woody weeds in the area.
For those who drive you can park in the lane extending up from Torres Street between the houses. Alternatively park at the gravel area on Gowrie Drive at the first gate on the left going up hill and walk in along the fire trail
Time: Wednesday 18 July 2018 Work: 0900 to 1230, with byo morning tea at 1100.
Location: Meet on the fire trail above Torres Street (off Mugga Way)
Activities: Mainly cut and dab Cootamundra wattle. Other activities may include cutting and dabbing other woody weeds weeds and dragging Cootamundra and other cuttings onto damaged areas such as adjacent to the Red Track and gullies to protect the hillside from further erosion damage;
You bring: Water, hat, long sleeved shirt, long pants, sunscreen cream, solid shoes, eye protection (we have some safety ‘goggles’), byo morning tea.
We bring: Gloves, safety goggles, first aid kit, tools, herbicides.
Note: It is important that you attend the safety briefing and instructions at 9.15am. In the event of an equipment shortage, priority for tools will be given to Red Hill Regenerators members. Children under 15 years must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian. Individuals who are under 18 years must have parental or guardian consent.
Cancellation: The activity will be cancelled by email (if possible) if enough rain is forecast to make planned work potentially dangerous.
Other 2018 activities scheduled for your diary are:
- Sunday 5 August 2018 09.00am. Working bee
- Wednesday 15 August 2018 09.00am. Working bee (Note: this may be cancelled)
- Sunday 2 September 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Sunday 7 October 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 17 October 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Sunday 4 November 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Sunday 2 December 2017 08.00amWorking bee and AGM