The Red Hill Regenerators invite you to our next activity of 2018, which will be held on Sunday 5 August 2018 starting at 9am
For this month we will convene on the fire trail above Tamar Street (off Mugga Way) and work along the hillside above Mugga Way removing verbascum, briar roses and other small woody weeds. There are also some small Cootamundra wattles near the meting point between Mugga Way and the Reserve fence.
Time: Sunday 5 August 2018 Work: 0900 to 1230, with byo morning tea at 1100.
Location: Meet at the second gate (from Hindmarsh Drive) on the fire trail above Tamar Street (off Mugga Way)
Activities: Mainly dab verbascum and cut and dab other small woody weeds. The site area ranges from the fence closest (and parallel) to Hindmarsh Drive northwards.
You bring: Water, hat, long sleeved shirt, long pants, sunscreen cream, solid shoes, eye protection (we have some safety ‘goggles’), byo morning tea.
We bring: Gloves, safety goggles, first aid kit, tools, herbicides. The wands (the ones we used to use some years ago ), small hand sprays and dabbers.
Note: It is important that you attend the safety briefing and instructions at 9.15am. In the event of an equipment shortage, priority for tools will be given to Red Hill Regenerators members. Children under 15 years must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian. Individuals who are under 18 years must have parental or guardian consent.
Cancellation: The activity will be cancelled by email (if possible) if enough rain is forecast to make planned work potentially dangerous.
Other 2018 activities scheduled for your diary are:
- Wednesday 22 August 2018 09.00am. Working bee (Note: Change of date from 18 August. This is likely to be a seedling watering session)
- Sunday 2 September 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Sunday 7 October 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 17 October 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Sunday 4 November 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 09.00amWorking bee
- Sunday 2 December 2017 08.00amWorking bee and AGM