A Message From the Club President
As you know, with our partner Mbark, we have put detailed submissions to the ACT Government for the Over 55’s Development for inclusion in the Red Hill Integrated Plan. The Development is critical to the Club’s future. We desperately need to increase our water storage capacity, replace our ageing and failing irrigation system and pay off debt for the Club’s long term survival. Our proposal delivers this and much more – providing major benefits not just for the Club but for the whole ACT community.
The Development will:
- Almost triple our pond capacity, provide a new course irrigation system and new maintenance shed as the first priorities and deliverables;
- Provide critically needed retirement living accommodation in inner Canberra encouraging an active lifestyle for residents, using just 6 hectares of the Club’s 85 hectare lease;
- Restore and return around 10 hectares of the Club’s leased land to the Red Hill Nature Reserve;
- Provide new high standard clubhouse facilities (function, dining, pool, gymnasium) for social access by the whole community;
- Improve the golf course and provide much improved golf practice facilities;
- Enable the Club to pay off debt, secure Federal’s long term financial viability and protect the current sport and recreation land use into the future.
In the near future, it is expected that the ACT Government will release the Red Hill Integrated Plan for public comment. We need to show our support publicly for the Over 55’s Development as strongly as possible.
The Active and Connected website www.activeandconnected.com.au details the proposal and the extensive benefits it will provide. You can express your support publicly through this website and keep up to date with progress by subscribing to the site and putting forward your views on the benefits it offers. It is as simple as clicking on the web address above.
I thank members who have already connected and made comments.
From Tuesday 12th February, there will be a display set up in the Proshop showing how you can support our proposal. This display will be active until Sunday 17th February.
Now is the time to act in supporting your Club’s future.
8th February 2019