After our successful World Environment Day planting of 200 small trees and bushes on 2 June 2019, we will return to this location for our Wednesday 12 June 2019 activity
Time: Wednesday 12 June 2019 Work: 0900 to 1200
More information: email@example.com. Prior registration is not required.
Location: Meet at the water cube located beside the reserve fence behind Glasgow Place, Hughes. Park in either Glasgow Place or in the Telstra building, Kent Street car park and walk about 200m along the fence line to the water cube.
- Check the tree plantings for any disturbance, and drag more cootamundra wattle cuttings to reinforce the kangaroo barriers.
- Map the many rabbit warrens in this area to ensure that the numbers can be reduced by fumigation later in the year.
- Continue the work at a large patch of Horehound, mattocking up the adult plants. Regrowth can then be sprayed next spring.
- Cut and dab any woody weeds in this part of the Reserve.
: flat to sloping with mostly open woodland
: Water to drink, hat, gloves, long sleeved shirt, long pants, eye protection, sunscreen cream, solid shoes.
: Tools, dabbers and instructions.
: It is important that you attend the safety briefing at 0900.
Children under 15 years must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian. Individuals who are under 18 years must have parental or guardian consent.
: The activity will be cancelled by email (if possible) if enough rain/wind is forecast to make planned work potentially hazardous, or high temperatures before midday are forecast. NOTE
: In addition to the monthly work activities, other events of interest for your diary include a Wildflower/wildlife Walk (2 November 2019) and a Butterfly Walk (30 November 2019).
Other 2019 activities scheduled for your diary are:
- Sunday 7 July 2019 09.00am. Working bee
- Wednesday 17 July 2019 09.00am. Working bee
- Sunday 4 August 2019 09.00am. Working bee
- Wednesday 14 August 2019 09.00am. Working bee
- Sunday 1 September 2019 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 18 September 2019 09.00amWorking bee
- Sunday 6 October 2019 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 16 October 2019 09.00amWorking bee
- Saturday 2 November 2019. Wildflower and wildlife walk led by ecologist Dr Michael Mulvaney. What Michael doesn’t know about Red Hill is not worth knowing.
- Sunday 3 November 2019 09.00amWorking bee
- Wednesday 13 November 2019 09.00amWorking bee
- Saturday 30 November 2019 10.00am. Butterfly Walk led by Dr Suzi Bond, butterfly expert and author of “Field Guide to Butterflies of the ACT”
- Sunday 1 December 2019 08.00amWorking bee and AGM
- Wednesday 11 December 2019 08.00am Working Bee