The weather forecast for Sunday predicts rain, which will be great for our plantings – but forecasts have not been great recently, so we’ll plan for a rain free morning. This month we will meet at the top of Brereton Street, Garran to do some woody weed removal along this side of the Hill. Morning tea will enable members to update on the latest news about the golf club development proposal, and to visit the part of the golf course where the ACT Government has earmarked for this development. Don’t forget that on Saturday 2 November 2019, Dr Michael Mulvaney will be conducting a nature walk. Check out the website for times and meeting place.
Time: Sunday 3 November 2019 Work: 0900 to 1230
Location: Meet at the top of Brereton Street, Garran
- Cut and dab woody weeds in this part of the Reserve.
- Map rabbit warrens
Conditions: sloping with mostly open woodland.
You bring: Water to drink, hat, gloves, long sleeved shirt, long pants, eye protection, sunscreen cream, solid enclosed shoes. BYO morning tea.
We bring: Tools, herbicide dabbers, and instructions.
Note: It is important that you attend the safety and activity briefing at 0900. Children under 15 years must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian. Individuals who are under 18 years must have parental or guardian consent.
Cancellation: The activity will be cancelled by email (if possible) if rain/wind is forecast which could make planned work potentially hazardous, or high temperatures before midday are forecast. NOTE: In addition to the monthly work activities, other events of interest for your diary include a Butterfly Walk (30 November 2019).
Other 2019 activities scheduled for your diary are:
- Saturday 2 November 2019. Wildflower and wildlife walk led by ecologist Dr Michael Mulvaney. What Michael doesn’t know about Red Hill is not worth knowing.
- Wednesday 13 November 2019 09.00amWorking bee
- Saturday 30 November 2019 10.00am. Butterfly Walk led by Dr Suzi Bond, butterfly expert and author of “Field Guide to Butterflies of the ACT”
- Sunday 1 December 2019 08.00amWorking bee and AGM
- Wednesday 11 December 2019 08.00am Working Bee