The full Draft red Hill Integrated Plan was released for public comment on 13/11/19 by the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate (EPSDD). Comments should be provided by 31 December 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The draft plan considers four possible options for the context area and identifies a preferred option which includes the following recommendations (refer to the map in the attached document for further detail):
- Retaining open space which adjoins and links to the Red Hill Nature Reserve, preserving the ecological values of the area.
- Implementing buffers around the Federal Golf Course and associated development.
- Managing the Red Hill Nature Reserve in line with the Plan of Management for the Canberra Nature Park and the National Capital Plan.
- Identification of proposed upgrading to a number of roads and intersections to cater to the current traffic volume of the roads and prepare for future growth and capacity.
- Retaining residential zones adjoining the Nature Reserve.
- Expanding the Deakin Office Park (rezoning Deakin Section 66) to partly include further urban open space and commercial use.
- Increasing housing choice particularly for the ageing population through the development of a retirement village, to be located in the southern portion of the Federal Golf Course with access via Kitchener Street
“Red Hill draft plan stymies Hindmarsh development plans” RiotACT 14 November 2019
The Red Hill Regenerators responded with a submission which was emailed to the ACT Government on 24 December 2019. More…